Monday, November 2, 2009

H1N1 Vaccines

This past weekend I was talking to my dad about the "swine flu" and what a huge deal it has turned in to. When the swine flu first started to hit the news, it was not something that I worried about or thought that I would ever have to worry about. As time has passed it definitely has become more common. There is even someone that sits next to me in American Literature class that had H1N1. I nanny part time and since I am around children so much my dad suggested that I get the H1N1 vaccines just to be safe because there are always lots of germs going around in schools. When I tried to make an appointment to get the vaccine I was told that my doctor's office did not have any at the moment but they were supposed to get some soon. I remember reading an article somewhere about prisoners that were getting the vaccine. I do not understand this. If so many people need to be vaccinated and the vaccine is limited, why are prisoners being vaccinated before citizens? I think that it is pretty obvious that this has turned into a much bigger problem than we all expected. Shouldn't there be some sort of priority system?

1 comment:

  1. yes i agree with you that they should give the H1N1 vaccine to all citizens because government should protect the citizens and have lot's of vaccine for everyone not just limited then what would happen is that they would be affected by H1N1 virus. Than who will be responsible for that government or health department. Why there is two different prizes for this H1N1 vaccine yes i agree with you that they should give the H1N1 vaccine to all citizens because government should protect the citizens and have lot's of vaccine for everyone not just limited then what would happen is that they would be affected by H1N1 virus. Than who will be responsible for that government or health department. Why there is two different prizes for this H1N1 vaccine Walmart and Walgreen its $24.99 and fire fighter place and small clinic has $15.00. Second thing when you around or work with young kids you should wash your hands a lot and keep using sanitizer and you will be fine because i haven't take the H1N1 vaccine yet.

    ReplyDelete